Day 55, Damn You Covid-19 An Update
Hi, it's Dawn.
Whew, it’s May! I write this to send thanks along with all the best in health + happiness. These have been some stressful, messy, days filled with lots of WTF’s! In the mess I have found a few moments of laugh-out-loud opportunities with my flock of 10 and hope you found the same solace with your feathered friends as well.
I'm also here to give you an update on Treats for Chickens operationally as it relates to this pandemic.
- We are masked bandits here at Treats for Chickens and we continue to operate with strict sanitation protocols that keep us in compliance with our USDA Certified Organic status. And, we continue to follow the recommendations of the WHO and the CDC on all protocols to include receiving/shipping formalities and overall heightened sanitation and good manufacturing practices.
- If you've been on the website, placed an order or tried to place an order you may have noticed that we have run out of stock on many of our core products, so.many.times. We’ve restocked and have sold out in three days. If you ever wondered if you were part of the cool-kids-club let me assure you that you are. You are community. You are doing the good thing raising chickens and treating them right! I thank you for this.
- Let's talk about staffing and the dirty C-word: where possible office related, remote work will continue off-site because it makes the most sense right now. Bhuuut, after 55 days of a barebones skeleton crew [specifically, and this is laughable…”skeleton crew” = me, my husband and my retired mom], I have bucket-loads of gratitude to share that as of May 5th things are looking brighter: the manufacturing and production team will return and we have hired a new shipping team member. It’s just the best. At one point in this journey [specifics again: April 30th] my husband said, “this is crazy and I can see we are going to start fighting if we don’t get help back in here”. I laughed. He laughed. But we both knew we needed to pivot, again. I imagine that you too have been Sheltering in Place and can relate to a sentence of this magnitude. I hope you are able to or have found a tiny glimmer of laughter and love in the way we are all coping and living in each of these moments.
So, here we are many days later making the best damn chicken products on the planet and I am grateful for customers!!. Because of the shoppers in March and April we have been able to keep our doors open and welcome back our team – your any order placed today and beyond keeps them here during the month of May - and forward. I do not take this lightly. I am grateful. Thank You.
On another note: I realize wholeheartedly that treating your chickens and sprucing up nesting boxes is not high on the list of apocalyptic essentials. But, there are things that you can do, and some don’t cost a penny.
- Please, continue to purchase Treats for Chickens products from your local retailers’ website, from Amazon or from us directly at treatsforchickens.com. This goes for your favorite non-chicken shoppes as well.
- If you have signed up for Subscribe + Save, Thank You. Thank You Very Much! Customers who Subscribe + Save have first priority on shipments and products. Even sweeter: Subscribe + Save items are discounted 20%. Orders are shipped on the schedule you choose. Edit, pause, or cancel at any time. It’s a win-win: not just right now.
- Word of mouth + social media: sharing photos and video of you and your flock enjoying our products on social media goes a long way to spark joy and lets others know we are open, shipping orders right to their doors.
- Leaving a product review is huge. It does not need to be carefully curated epilogue, but a few honest words go far and help others make good choices about products.
Lastly, in my effort to stay connected to you: The Treats for Chickens newsletters will continue to land in your email if you have subscribed to them. I am not being insensitive to the reality around us. I want you to have access to this information. If there is something that you'd like to see over the next few weeks - let me know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Many thanks! And please stay safe!!
All the best in health and happiness, Love, Dawn